Friday, January 27, 2012

Savory Savings


Hands down my favorite cuisine is Indian food! From scooping thick chana masala (chickpea curry) onto a papadum (an Indian crispy lentil tortilla), to that heavenly moment of biting into fried potato and vegetable samosas, eating Indian food isn’t just a meal to me; it’s an enlightening experience of spice and texture.

I traveled to India in 2006 and I’ll never forget the colors and smells (not always good) of the markets and clothing. But my clearest memory is dining on palak paneer, cubed Indian “cottage-cheese” in a spinach cream sauce and the naan bread at the Shiv Vilas Palace in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
Shiv Vilas Palace

In Scotland, our most popular cuisine is Indian. In fact, curry is now the national dish. When my family visits from Scotland, my aunt and uncle spend two days washing the rice and preparing daals, curries and chutnies. “Curry Night” with the family is one of my favorite events of the year.
As a curry snob, my friend Steve knew he was taking a chance by inviting me out to Indus Indian and Herbal Cuisine in West Palm Beach. Unlike his relationship advice, his restaurant recommendation was spot on, not just with the food and service but with a great weekend deal. Enjoy All-You-Can-Eat Champagne Buffet Brunch for $15.99, which includes unlimited beer, champagne and wine. Jackpot! I love the egg curry which features whole hard boiled eggs in a creamy sauce and the lemon basmati rice that has a nice kick. The buffet changes weekly but usually includes seafood, vegetarian options, goat and chicken. Believe me, if you are unfamiliar with Indian food and want to try it then this is a great deal. If you find the food too spicy, then just have another drink. More champagne, please!
The Deal: All-You-Can-Eat Champagne Buffet Brunch for $15.99
Saturday and Sunday 11:30a.m.-3p.m.
Indus Indian and Herbal Cuisine
1649 Forum Place
West Palm Beach
561-249-0123


No comments:

Post a Comment