Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Lunching with the Ladies!


I’ve always wanted to be one of those “ladies who lunches” but I don’t usually have the time or the funds to leisurely sip martinis at white-clothed table with my gal pals. When I heard that The Capital Grille, which is known as a hot spot for power lunches, was launching a lunch plate promotion, I got on the phone and made a date with friends.



After a warm and polite welcome, our server Aundrea asked us if we had any time restraints; great question to ask. Luckily we didn’t. I cannot give enough praise to the outstanding service we received from Aundrea and the management team. Next time I go back, I may have to ask Aundrea to join me. And believe me, I will be back!



The Grille’s promotion features a choice of appetizer, a sandwich and a side dish for $18, which is a bargain considering the quality of the food, service and elegant surroundings. Starter choices include roasted red pepper soup, New England clam chowder or a green salad with house made Champagne vinaigrette. For lunch, Executive Chef Mark Gruverman recommended his favorite, the Wagyu cheeseburger topped with a fried egg and crispy onions  Other choices include two mini tenderloin sliders or the lobster salad on a brioche bun.  For side dishes, you can choose from French green beans, roasted root vegetables or parmesan truffled fries. As two friends joined me, we decided to each try a menu selection with the exception of the French green beans; we opted to double up on the fries! Stand-outs include the Wagyu cheeseburger (a fried egg always guarantees victory!) and the truffled fries are probably the best I have ever had; crispy on the outside fluffy on the inside and seasoned perfectly.

Grapefruit juices have also been added to the restaurant. Although I’m not a grapefruit fan, the mix of the juice, club soda and elder flower was divine and will taste even better with a shot of Grey Goose!
The Deal: $18 three-plate lunch
Daily 11:30a.m.- 4p.m.
The Capital Grille
2430 E. Sunrise Blvd.
Fort Lauderdale
954-446-2000

1 comment: