Thursday, March 1, 2012

Cheese Please Louise

“I said, “Please, Louise,
Won’t you pass me the cheese?
Won’t you pass me the cheese?
’Cos I’ve got the bread and butter,
But I don’t have the cheese.”
– British Cheese Council

As a child in Scotland, my parents always liked to sing that old British Cheese Council jingle to me at the dinner table. Even today, after a particularly pathetic joke, my friends will revert to calling me ‘Cheesy Weezy.’ However, my love and appreciation for cheese isn’t just because of a play on phonics. Cheese makes everything better! I blush in shame as I confess that I have had to have a nibble (or two) of queso añejo in the grocery store parking lot as I just couldn’t wait to get home. Alas, City Cellar Wine Bar and Grill can now satisfy my cravings with Cheesy Thursdays!


City Cellar, the upscale bar and grill located in West Palm Beach’s popular City Place, has a selection of more than 40 local and imported cheeses from France, Spain and Italy. Of course, cheese needs a companion and the bar has an award-winning wine list offering more than 400 bottles from around the world and luckily for me, all price points, too.


Every Thursday, fromager Jeremiah Bennett perfectly pairs vinos and cheese for a five-plate, five-glass special for only $30. If you’re a craft beer fan, you may be lucky and get some beer pairings, too.  Hopefully, I’ll be able to restrain myself from stopping for a car snack on the way. City Cellar, here I come!

The Deal: Five cheeses paired with five beverages for $30
5-11p.m. Thursdays
City Cellar Wine Bar and Grill
700 S. Rosemary Ave, West Palm Beach, FL 33401
561.366.0071


No comments:

Post a Comment