Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Giving Back Never Tasted So Good


I grew up in a small seaside village in Scotland. Population: 400. Everyone was the same religion, race and held the same social status. Moving to America in 1995 was not only an emotional experience but also an eye-opener.
I had never met a Jewish person before, mush less had a friend who was Jewish, but that quickly changed. Since living here, I consider the times I have spent with my Jewish friends and most importantly their families as some of the best and most memorable moments of my life. The epiphany of my first taste of matzo ball soup at the Krieger’s holiday dinner, house-smoked brisket and endless laughter at the Kalin’s, and the tearful sight of my oldest friend Dan walking down to the chappah with his parents on the day of his wedding.  I wish my Jewish friends and future ones, a Happy Chanukah!

Today, in celebration of the holiday, Jewish cultural center Next@19th invites all to enjoy a festive evening of Chanukah music from around the world in Hebrew, English, Yiddish and Ladino. Of course, no holiday celebration is complete without food! Holiday bites include traditional favorites and Next@19th’s signature guava rugelach cocktail, named after the center’s annual musical, with L’Chaim vodka,. Guests will also receive a bottle of Bad Jew Kosher barbecue sauce upon arrival. Frugal foodies, if that isn’t enough of an incentive to attend, a donation of two kosher items to the JCS Kosher Food Bank will reward you with a ticket discount.  
The Deal: Bring Two Kosher Food Items for 50% off $15 tickets
Wednesday 8 p.m.
Next@19th
137 NE 19th Street
Miami
305-542-7732


No comments:

Post a Comment